Sunday, December 12, 2010

(3D) Clay Characters

I started off trying to make something completely different and complicated, but when I realized that there was really no way for me to make that idea work with what I had, I trashed it and grabbed the first thing I saw off my desk: a face mask, left over from when we spray painted the inflatable. So, taking a giant wad of newspaper, I made a short, fat creature with a giant mouth. The mask made me think of crazy doctors (especially with Ryan's Zomb-bear just across the table), so i gave him a mean expression and put the mask across his face to wear.
He's a red neck, don't make fun of him for only having one "tooth"!

Looks a bit more like a mad scientist now...
I had been hoping that people would realize that you could pull the mask away from his face to see that he was laughing at you.... But i guess most people didn't want to touch.
I wasn't sure how to fix that for the exhibition, until Ryan came along and suggested that the creature simply wear the mask as a hat. Thanks, Ryan! ^w^

As for his name.... The first thing that popped into my head: Mark the Mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment