Sunday, September 19, 2010

Final Dots and Critiques; "Never Again"

Final Dots

For the most part, it seems my dot compositions seemed OK with my group. It was decided I had about half and half of symmetric and asymmetric compositions, so I had that right. They did note, however, that I had many, many compositions that could be considered continuance in comparison to the other three aspects, especially proximity, which they decided I had too few of. Also, several pieces looked very similar to one another, because I had used similar sizes in each of them. Whenever I used a large dot, it was almost always the same size as a large dot in the other compositions, for example. A pattern they noticed is that I left little negative space in most of my compositions, rather than balancing negative and positive space, or leaving a majority of the area as negative space.
As for my final four, they chose three of the ones that were obvious which aspect they were supposed to depict. The Similarity, however was one that had been difficult to sort, but they liked its pattern.
They gave me suggestions for improving each of my final four. For Proximity, I should move the two middle sized dots closer together, and further apart from the others, so it would not be mistaken for similarity. For Continuance, I should make the final two dots after the large middle one curve more. For Closure, I should move all the dots closer together, and center the pattern more carefully. So that you can compare...

Final Four draft

I agreed with everything my group said, when they explained why they thought so. Thanks for the help! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment